Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 3 Think Out Loud PPP Post GA Educational Technology Conference

I would like to present my Challenge Base Research Project at the Georgia Educational Technology Conference.  I would like to present to this conference to show educators in the state of Georgia and all over the United States the importance of using technology in the classroom.  I would like to present my experience with using different types of technology that motivated my students to achieve.  In my CBR project, I used technology to increase literacy and comprehension of my students in an English as a Second Language Intervention classroom setting.  My students were reading and performing below grade in Language Arts.  Their CRCT Reading scores were also low.  I incorporate technology to help increase these scores and believe it or not my students scores increase greatly.  They become motivated and excited about reading.  I would love to present my scores from the beginning before using technology and at the end after using technology to prove to educators that technology is a great tool to reach students.  It is a great quality plus teaching strategy and traditional teachers should attend technology conferences to get true feedback on how well it works.

1 comment: